Sunday, July 6, 2014

Eight More Days...

It's been 89 days since I last saw my husband.  In that time, I've been a busy little bugger. Four of my books are going live in September, thanks to my MFA friends at Midnight Heat Books.  With so freaking much on my plate, I didn't want to deal with subbing and waiting for yet another thing to happen in my life. Midnight Heat Books is taking on a few writers of quality, (their words, not mine) before opening their doors to general submissions in January.  I feel lucky to know such great people and to finally get some ROI on that spendy 60K MFA.

Some unsolicited feedback I've heard is warning me to stay away from such a young company. They haven't officially launched yet, how can they take on writers? - is what I hear regularly. It's hard not too internalize all the naysayers. Yet, I know the people behind Midnight Heat Books - between the two of them, Veronica and Emma have six advanced degrees, two in Creative Writing and two in Publishing and Media Marketing. Veronica freelanced and interned for top lit agencies and Elizabeth is a Professor of English and Grammar. Could it not get any better for me?

The decision to leave the trenches of literary writing was easy with these two wonderfully talented and professional women beside me. I'm looking forward to showing off my work to my husband when he returns and exploring wherever that takes us. ;-)


PS - Haven't been to the gym in two weeks, but have managed to squeak out 8K words. Monday things get back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment.